1. Fish Aggregating Devices
3. The Wild West on the High Seas
4. Social Injustice
What Can You Do?
- If you're looking for light tuna, make sure it's labelled as pole-and-line or FAD-free skipjack.
- If white tuna is on your grocery list, what you'll want is the pole-and-line albacore variety.
- Support companies that make it a point to avoid fishing in the high seas pockets.
- Buy only from companies that publicly support the Parties to the Nauru Agreement (PNA).
Image of yellowfin tuna used under Creative Commons from Roro Fernandez (flickr).
Image of albatross used under Creative Commons from marj k (flickr).
Image of fishing vessel/coast guard used under Creative Commons from Coast Guard News (flickr).
Image of pirate flag used under Creative Commons from Chris Evans (drumminhands/flickr).