Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Oh Tannenbaum, Oh Tannenbaum...

Walking home from my trip to the post office today I noticed a number of my neighbours have dragged their Christmas trees to the curb, in time for tomorrow morning's garbage pick-up... and the first of two Christmas tree collection days in January!


Don't mock me, I'm allowed to be excited about this. You see, according to the City of Toronto's Waste Wizard, Christmas trees must be removed of all decorations and placed on the curb as is (i.e., not in a bag), as the trees will be shredded and turned into compost. What a good deal!

Please check your collection calendar to find out the dates for your neighbourhood, and if you live elsewhere, I strongly urge you to do the requisite research for your area! Don't just dump your tree with the rest of your trash. It will only end up on a landfill, and that will make me sad.

Photo credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment